Tuesday, August 5, 2008

By the grace of God....

Today has been excellent for me. I did my yoga practice, Which took about 30 minutes- I also did some stretching with my elastic band . It felt good to do something productive and positive instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself. I have been reading the Lifeline sampler and the oa book.Its inspiring to read about how others have struggled with compulsive over eating, and were able to get their lives back. I now understand that I do not have to live this way, and I don't have to let this illness consume me. I want to be healthy again. In the past, it was always for something or someone else- now I simply want to be well so that I can live and enjoy life again. To not be ashamed of how my body looks. As I said before, one day at a time.....

No comments: